The Ethics of the Medical Research Internal Committee (EMRIC)
- Within the current framework of the law, CIER issues an ethical review of research protocols that are not under the jurisdiction of a Patient Protection Committee (PPC): observational research protocols, non-interventional studies, or projects not corresponding to the clinical trials defined by law.
- Projects must be related to the healthcare field and care of patients or emanate from the FMM,
- To give opinions or recommendations on general issues related to ethics of medical research,
- Dissemination of information about the regulations in the field of ethics of medical research.
- President of the Medical Commission of the GHICL and /or his or her representative,
- the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Midwifery and/or the Vice Dean in charge of research,
- the head of the medical research department (DRM) and/or his or her representative,
- the director of the Center for Medical Ethics (Ethics Department) and /or his or her representative.
Persons designated by other authorities :
- A permanent and qualified medical expert appointed by the DRM and /or his or her representative,
- A midwife and /or his or her representative,
- A GHICL psychologist and/or his or her representative,
- A lawyer and /or his or her representative.
Members of the committee of relations with users and the quality of care : a representative of users and quality of care committee and /or his/her representative.
People invited : depending on the issues, experts or qualified people may be invited.
The Department of Medical Research has submitted 48 projects to the CIER : 27 received positive feedback, 7 received negative feedback and 14 are under review.